Shahrukh Khan’s FAN – 6 facts you didn’t know about FAN
1. The film’s logo is made up of a college including Shah Rukh Khan’s real-life fans: Intended to be a special treat for all of SRK’s fans, the FAN logo comprises profile photos of over 100 lucky fans, who won a contest that the entire team had run
2. The Mannat you see in the movie is not in reality SRK’s house: Some of the scenes in the movie are shown to be taking place inside his house, though it is actually not the real Mannat. It was actually recreated in Mumbai’s Film City after the makers didn’t get permission to shoot inside SRK’s house for security reasons.
3. The make-up and prosthetics for Gaurav’s character was done by a three-time Academy Award Winner: Greg Cannomm, the make-up artist who was hired to create Gaurav’s look is a three-time Academy Award winner and has worked for films like A Beautiful Mind, The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button and the recent Kapoor and Sons.
4. FAN is the first film to be shot inside Madame Tussauds Musuem, London: The makers had to take their entire unit to London for this one scene and even had to seek special permissions for this.
5. No use of mobile phones was allowed during the shooting of FAN: s Shah Rukh Khan plays a double role in the movie, one of which required the use of make-up and prosthetics to alter how he looked, the makers were very strict about the use of mobile phones during the shoot of the movie as they didn’t want the look to be leaked. Thus, no one was allowed to use their phones.
6. The film has used real footage of SRK’s fans: Among the first few scenes of the movie comes the scene where fans gather around SRK’s house on his birthday and the actor comes out on his balcony to acknowledge and wave at them. Some scenes for this included real footage that was shot for his birthday on 2014 and 2015.