10 Unknown Facts about Mukesh Ambani
1. He is a college dropout. He was pulled out of Stanford, where he was pursuing an MBA. However, before that, he completed a BE degree in Chemical Engineering. By the way, he was the topper at Mumbai University.
2. It is well known that Anil Ambani is his brother, but he also has two sisters: Dipti Salgaoncar and Nina Kothari
3. He is married to Nita Ambani. Like Mukesh himself, Nita also hails from a middle-class background. Theirs was an arranged marriage.
4. He andNita havetwo sons and a daughter — Anant, Akash, and Isha (Akash & Isha are twins).
5. His Mumbai home ‘Antilia’, is a private 27-storey building valued at $1 billion and it is said to be one of the most expensive homes ever built. The house has a garage for 168 cars, an independent health club for each family member, a cinema and a staff of 600 people.
6. As of March 2017, Forbes declared him the 33rd richest man in the world. He is the recipient of prestigious awards including the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year (2000), Business Leader of the Year (2010) and Global Leadership Award (2010).
7. He is a strong family-oriented person and no matter how busy, he is said to spend Sundays with his the family.
8. In 2008, his company Reliance Industries bought a cricket team, Mumbai Indians, in The Indian Premier League worth $111.9 million.
9. Although he has consistently been India’s richest man, he is said to be very humble in person. He is a vegetarian and prefers traditional Indian food.
10. He loves cars and his most priced posession is the BMW 760 Li. The car is bulletproof and equipped with armoury to protect it from explosions. He also gifted his wife a Maybach 62. These are just two of the 168 vehicles he owns.